Recipe includes: Turmeric Powder
This recipe is USDA certified organic, gluten-free, vegan and non-GMO.
1-2 tbl ghee or high heat vegetable oil like non-gmo expeller pressed oil
1 lb organic potatoes (peeled if desired)
1 small head cauliflower cut into small florets
1 large onion, sliced
1 inch ginger, chopped
1 chili pepper (serrano or jalapeno work well)
2-3 tsp. BareOrganics Turmeric Powder
2 tsp. cumin powder
15 oz can chopped organic tomatoes
salt to taste
cilantro to garnish
- Heat ghee or oil in a heavy skillet-cast iron works well here.
- Sauté the onion on medium heat until deeply golden, 5-10 minutes. Add oil or ghee if the pan begins to dry out during this process.
- Add the ginger, chili and spices. Stir 30 seconds until fragrant, being careful not to burn the spices.
- Quickly add the potatoes and the can of tomatoes along with their juice. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook until potatoes begin to soften.
- Add the cauliflower and salt to taste, stir well.
- Cover 5 more minutes or until the cauliflower is soft and the potatoes are fully cooked. If at anytime the pan gets dry add 1/2 cup water or more if necessary. Once the vegetables are tender, uncover and cook until the sauce is thickened to your liking.
- Top with cilantro and serve. You may also garnish with chopped chili peppers or more turmeric!