This recipe is USDA certified organic, gluten-free, vegan and non-GMO.
14 oz. coconut milk made from BareOrganics Coconut Milk Powder
½ cup + 3 tbsp. agave nectar
1/3 cup BareOrganics Coconut Oil, room temperature
¾ cup coconut flour
Pinch of salt
2/3 cup almonds, finely chopped
¾ cup BareOrganics Sweet Cacao Nibs
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a large pot, set over high heat, whisk together the prepared coconut milk and ½ cup of agave nectar, reserving the remaining agave nectar for later. Bring the mixture to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Then, turn the heat down to medium and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce reduces by about half.
- Transfer the sauce to a large measuring cup to cool while you make the crust. Note: You should have about 1 ¼ cups of sauce left after cooking it.
- Once you've made the sauce, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper, spraying the sides generously with coconut oil spray. Note: It helps to spray the bottom of the pan before putting in the parchment paper, to secure it.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the remaining 3 tbsp. of agave nectar with the coconut oil until smooth and creamy. Stir in the flour and pinch of salt until a wet dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake the crust just until lightly golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- As soon as the crust comes out of the often, sprinkle the chopped almonds on top, and lightly press them into the crust. Then, sprinkle on the cacao nibs evenly, followed by the coconut flakes.
- Pour 1 cup of the slightly cooled coconut milk mixture (you'll have a little left over, but you don't need to use it all for these bars) evenly over the top. Then, gently shake the pan around until the coconut milk mixture begins to sink between the layers.
- Place into the oven and bake until the sides are lightly golden brown, about 27-28 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Then, cover with tinfoil and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, run a very sharp knife around the edge of the pan, slice into bars and enjoy!