This recipe is USDA certified organic, gluten-free, vegan and non-GMO.
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup white flour
3/4 cup BareOrganics Coconut Palm Sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
2 tsps. baking powder
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
2-3 pinches BareOrganics Cayenne Powder
1/4 cup BareOrganics Maca Root Powder
1/4 cup BareOrganics Coconut Oil
1/2 cup cashew milk
½ tsp. almond extract
1/2 cup warm water + 2 tsp BareOrganics Chia Seeds
3 tbsps. orange juice
1 banana, mashed
1/3 cup BareOrganics Cacao Nibs pinch of sugar + pinch of chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line or grease a muffin pan.
- Stir the water and chia seeds together in a mixing bowl. Allow to sit for about five minutes to plump the seeds a bit.
- Combine whole wheat flour, white flour, coconut palm sugar, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cayenne powder and maca root powder in mixing bowl.
- Stir in the coconut oil, cashew milk, almond extract, mashed banana, soaked chia seeds and orange juice. Mix until smoothed. Use a beater on the lowest setting if desired.
- Stir in the cacao nibs with a spatula.
- Fill muffin tins and add a pinch of sugar and chia seeds over top each muffin. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops begin to brown and the muffins are cooked through the middle.