This recipe is USDA certified organic, gluten-free, vegan and non-GMO.
1 cup + 2 tbsps. warm soy milk
6 large eggs
6 tbsps. honey
6 cups white whole wheat flour
¾ cup BareOrganics Beet Root Powder
3¼ tsps. instant yeast (About 1½ packets)
1 tbsp. salt
14 tbsps. unsalted butter, room temperature (1¾ sticks, cut into 1-inch pieces)
2 cups packed brown sugar
3 tbsps. ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
3 tbsps. unsalted butter, melted
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
4 tbsps. unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
½ tsp. salt
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
3 tbsps. orange juice
- In a bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and honey.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, mix the flour, beet powder, yeast, and salt.
- Add in the egg mixture and mix on low to combine.
- With the mixer on low, add the butter one piece at a time.
- When all the butter has been added, increase the speed to medium and beat the butter into the dough until incorporated, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a large greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Place your hands underneath the dough and fold it over onto itself, turn the bowl and repeat the folds by at least 6 more times until the dough is in one large mound and flipped on the reverse side.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap again and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Repeat the folding technique every 30 minutes for a total rise time of 2 hours.