This recipe is USDA certified organic, gluten-free, vegan and non-GMO.
2 ½ tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. BareOrganics Sweet Cacao Nibs
1 large egg
½ tsp. almond extract
2/3 cup blanched almond flour
1/3 cup confectioners Swerve
3 ½ tbsp. BareOrganics Cacao Powder
½ tsp. baking powder
Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium-sized bowl, add the butter and half of the cacao nibs. Microwave for 15 to 30 seconds – just enough time to slightly melt the butter and chocolate. Mix the two together until a chocolate sauce forms.
- In a small dish, add and whisk the egg until the yolk combines with the whites. Once it does, add the egg and the almond extract to the bowl with the chocolate sauce. Mix again.
- Add the rest of the dry ingredients – saving some of the cacao nibs to top the cookies with. Mix until a ball of chocolate cookie dough forms.
- Use a cookie scoop (or a tablespoon) to form 11 equal sized cookies. Add the cookies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and top each cookie with the remaining cacao nibs. Flatten each cookie with either a spoon or a spatula.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. They should be very soft when they come out of the oven but don’t worry, this is normal!
- Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet. As they cool, they will set and firm up.
- Once they do cool down, enjoy and store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.