2 tbsps. coconut flour
2 tbsps. BareOrganics Beet Root Powder
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
2/3 cup organic apple cider, at room temperature
1/2 cup light brown sugar
6 tbsps. liquid coconut oil Seeds from
1/2 a vanilla bean
4 large pasture-raised eggs, room temperature
1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 cup tapioca starch 2 tsps. baking powder
1/2 tsp. fine sea salt 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup BareOrganics Coconut Palm Sugar
1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease your donut pan.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, beet powder, and milk of your choice until a thick paste forms. Whisk in the apple cider, light brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, and eggs until fully incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Tapioca starch, baking powder, salt, and spices.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet a little at a time until everything is combined.
5. Add the batter to a piping bag and fill the donut cavities 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, checking at 12 minutes for doneness, until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean and donuts are golden.
7. Remove donuts from pan, rinse, dry, and grease donut pan, and repeat with remaining batter.
8. In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together the sugars and cinnamon. Once the donuts are completely cool, dunk them in the topping, gently turning them to cover their sides and tops.