- Oat flour
- BareOrganics Coconut Palm Sugar – 1/3 of a cup because the vegan chocolate chips also contain sugar, however, if you have a sweet tooth, feel free to add 1/2 cup sugar.
- BareOrganics Cocoa Powder
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Plant-based milk – Any plant-based milk is fine. Some examples are almond milk, oat milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, etc. The higher the fat content of the milk is, the richer and tastier the chocolate muffins will be.
- Applesauce – Not a fan? Simply, use mashed banana instead.
- Nut butter
- Apple cider vinegar – In combination with the baking powder and baking soda, it helps the muffins to rise. You can use white vinegar or lemon juice instead.
1. First, you should line a muffin pan with paper liners (or grease the pan). Preheat oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add all dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) to a large mixing bowl and stir with a whisk.
3. Now add the wet ingredients and stir until combined (you can use a whisk or a hand mixer). Stir in the vegan chocolate chips.
4. Divide the batter among the wells of the muffin pan. I had enough batter to make 8 muffins.
5. Bake for 24 to 27 minutes or until you spot cracks on top of the muffins. Insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin. It should come out almost clean.
6. Let the vegan double chocolate chip muffins cool and enjoy!