1 tbsp. sunflower oil or ghee
2 cups long grain rice
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 yellow onion
1 tsp. BareOrganics Turmeric Root Powder
1 tsp. BareOrganics Maitake Mushroom Powder
2 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- Heat oil or ghee in a deep cooking pan or pot. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Stir rice into the onion and garlic mixture, fry for 4-5 minutes. Add turmeric root powder and maitake mushroom powder and stir to evenly distribute the spices. Pour in vegetable broth.
- Drain cauliflower and discard the broth liquid. Place cauliflower, turmeric, milk, cream cheese, garlic and parsley into a large bowl.
- Cover over medium high heat to bring rice to a boil, and then lower heat to a lower setting. Leaving the pot partially covered, continue cooking until rice is soft and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Uncover and serve! More turmeric or mushroom powder can be sprinkled on top for an extra burst of flavor.