Matcha Chocolate Babka With Ground Flaxseed And Cacao Powder
- 9 cups whole wheat flour
- 5 tsp instant yeast
- 4 Tbsp vital wheat gluten
- ⅔ cup @bareorganicssuperfoods ground flaxseed
- ¾ cup matcha powder
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 8 oz unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 16 oz unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup @bareorganicssuperfoods cacao powder
- 1 cup @bareorganicssuperfoods ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp @nunature_superfoods date syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
1. For the dough, mix instant yeast in 1 cup warm milk. Let it sit for 10 min until foamy.
2. Add flours, matcha, gluten, and flaxseed to a bowl.
3. Pour in yeast mixture + 3 cups warm milk. Mix until uniform.
4. While the dough rises for 1hr until doubled in size, combine ingredients for the filling.
5. Split the dough into two, and roll each dough out into a rectangle.
6. Spread the filling over each dough.
7. Slice each dough into three strands, then braid together.
8. Place each dough in a greased 9x5” loaf pan.