This recipe is USDA certified organic, gluten-free, vegan and non-GMO.
1 cup almond milk
3 tablespoons BareOrganics Energy Tea with Superfoods
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup BareOrganics Coconut Palm Sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
½ tsp. almond extract
1 3/4 cups cake flour
1 1/2 tsps. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt Buttercream:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3 tbsps. honey
2 cups powdered sugar
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 9-inch round cake pan.
- Warm the milk until near boiling on the stove or in the microwave. Add the tea directly into the milk. Allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vegetable oil and almond extract. Gradually add in the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the tea brewed milk, mixing until batter is smooth.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before frosting or serving.