Dark Chocolate Turmeric Truffles
Recipe by: @bakeit.paleo
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
BareOrganics turmeric root powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 oz dark chocolate
A high powered blender is necessary for making these truffles.
1. Add all filling ingredients to your food processor. Blend until the mixture becomes sticky and can be formed into balls.
2. Roll the dough into small balls. I used about 1 heaping teaspoon of dough per ball, making 18 truffles.
3. Place the balls on a small pan or plate and stick in the freezer for at least an hour.
4. Melt the dark chocolate. Do this by placing the chocolate in a small saucepan and melting on low heat. Stir frequently so that the chocolate doesn't burn. Once melted, individually dip the balls into the dark chocolate, coating completely.
5. You may add a pinch of turmeric powder to the top of each truffle. To do this, add turmeric powder right after dipping the ball - before the chocolate has a chance to set.
These nut free turmeric truffles can be stored in the fridge or freezer. They make a wonderful summer dessert since no baking is involved! A fun homemade gift to give during the holidays. Enjoy!